Botulinum toxin is the most potent biological toxin on Earth. 1 milligram is enough to kill more than 1,000,000 guinea pigs, and a lethal dose for a 170 lb human is just 115 nanograms, or 0.00000115 grams.
At some point in history someone thought to themselves “Lets take the most potent biotoxin in existence and inject it into peoples faces”, and thus Botox (Botulinum Toxin), a widely used cosmetic treatment for wrinkles, was born.
Honey contains Clostridium botulinum spores, the anaerobic bacteria that produces this toxin, and is the reason why infants under 1 year of age should not consume honey. Botulinum toxin is in everything from maple syrup to house dust in minute quantities allowing our immune systems to build a resistance to small quantities of the toxin.